In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine Podcast, editor-in-chief Rachel Zabonick-Chonko chats with Brick about mental health, what he’s learned since founding the John W. Brick Mental Health Foundation, how gyms can address mental health and illness, and more.
Club Solutions Highlighted Notes from the Conversation on Mental Health and Illness:
- How Brick came to found the John W. Brick Mental Health Foundation;
- Evidence-based research that will be released this spring;
- What happens under the right amount of stress, and what happens with too much stress;
- “Why We Sleep” by Matthew Walker and “The Power of When” by Michael Breus are two books Brick recommends;
- A large issue in mental health and illness comes down to the definition of mental health and mental illness;
- The shift that has happened due to the pandemic in society;
- Why gyms need to stress well-being over weight loss;
- Tips for employee mental health;
- Inflammation is the start in a mental health domino effect;
- The Move Your Mental Health Report is essential.